Because I could not stop for death....

I got knocked up instead...

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Cancer Eyes

I just watched the video for Melissa Etheridge's new cover, "Refugee"

I noticed two things:

1. She is TONS hotter with short hair.
2. Women who have or had cancer all seem to have the same look in their eyes.

What is that look? Is there a shared secret once you've faced down the beast? Do they suddenly know something I don't? Or is it peace generated by being forced to come to terms with and accept your life and those things in it?

She looked like my mother.

I'm 28 today. And I'm sad, and I don't know why. I don't give a rat's ass about getting old.

I think I miss the things I think I should have. Like someone saying "happy Birthday" the minute they see you, not three hours later when they remember.

Aside from Mother's Day, I hate my birthday next.

2 comments:

At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom has had cancer and I think it is from staring at death himself in the face and winning. She has a peace now that she didn't have before.

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I think that it's they no longer fear death. Melissa Etheridge said that on Oprah yesterday. That while going through chemo all she could do was lay and meditate because of the amount of pain she was in. That she thought about the meaning of life and no longer fears death.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vivian Dianne Sara
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker