Because I could not stop for death....

I got knocked up instead...

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Thinking Thursday: Nature Sucks

While I'll spend my time arguing about why people did not evacuate, why governments did not pay to better prepare the area despite numerous warning about the problems inherent in the city and area, etc, etc, on my other blog, and some I frequent, I'd like to take a minute here to be sad about it.

In many cases I'm coming off as a strident jerk since I'm incensed that so many have died because of poor planning, stubborness, lack of money, lack of time, lack of so much. I cannot STAND stupidity, and hence my irritation with the entire thing. Watching the looting and general chaos rising from it just makes me even more sad, since most of of would like to believe people are inherently good.

And I feel helpless, since I'd like to help, but I'm too far away to house people (no room anyway) don't have the money to give, and I can't figure out just yet how to start gathering donations, since the thought of losing all my childrens clothing and items makes me even sadder.

So to anyone who also reads my other blog-I'm not heart less. I just can't stand it when people die and it could have been prevented.

3 comments:

At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They know to talk... thats it. they had ample warning...

and in the case of the tsunami, their met depts knew very very eearly on and they didnt inform the countries in question and the excuse they gave was that they didnt know whom to contact!!!!! in this age of the internet??????????

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some are choosing to point fingers and fuss because they don't want to deal with the reality of it all. There will be plenty of time to point later. Right now our priority should be to help. With that, I also am very sad for those under all this turmoil. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sooo know where you are coming from... I have been angry and sad for several days... it just seems like such a terrible terrible thing that could have been averted (at least for a large portion of it)

I dont think your heartless...

take care,
Stacie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vivian Dianne Sara
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker