Because I could not stop for death....

I got knocked up instead...

Monday, August 08, 2005

How to have a crap birthday party

  1. Invite people who don't come.
  2. Have a child delirious from fever.
  3. Copious amounts of mosquitos and wasps.
  4. Small babies.
  5. Anything from Fisher-Price. (why in the HELL are those things tied down better than a woman in an S&M club?)

I always feel like I'm failing my kid because I don't know how to make nice with other parents. So she has no real friends. The sitter was ill, the one kid Viv plays with got in trouble and wasn't allowed to come, other people forgot.....

the goth fairy dress is too small, and I ended up taking Vivian to the hospital for the fever. After sitting there for 4 hours, they told us to go home because aside from a virus, nothing was wrong.

At least the doctor was cute....

8 comments:

At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just stopping by to give you and the little one a big tight *HUG*

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw man, that sucks. here's a (hug) for you and your sweetie.

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, hunny. Don't take it too badly. Things happen and the other things happen when the time is right.
*hugs*

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your referrence to Emily Dickinson in the title of your blog. Just read the poem. Beautiful.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger thordora said...

thanks guys!

and MHN, that poem is one of my top three faves of all times-I went through this HUGE Emily phase at 14 or so. It's still one I can recite at will.....

Emily D was a COOL lady...hey, you gave me an idea-a weekly "review" of my favorite poets, and there are many....SOOOO many people are so afraid of poetry (sometimes even me, and I write it!)

CHEERS ALL!

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My oldest is 19 and I feel like I have failed with every single birthday of all three children. My husband says I just expect too much and try too hard to make it a big deal. He says just given 'em a present, say "Happy Birthday" and move on.

By the way... this was my favorite childhood poem:

I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us--don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!
Emily Dickinson

And it's still one of my favorites. She has a way of capturing the essence of existence....

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger thordora said...

oh god! I love that one too!

I'mNOOOOOBODY!

of course, also makes me think if the Bad Boy commercial...

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think she had fun regardless.

We'll be parents before you know it, so you can make nice with us. hahaha ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vivian Dianne Sara
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker