Because I could not stop for death....

I got knocked up instead...

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Why is it....

that men can TOTALLY ignore things right in front of them? The Dorf (my husband) sat in the kitchen one day as Vivian shared her crayons with the baby(i.e.-shoved them in babies mouth) and didn't notice a THING. Only when I, from the other room, noticed that quiet (moms, you KNOW what I mean) and got up, did he even look around...then the conversation went sorta like this..
me: "um, HELLO! Crayons in Rosalyn's mouth?!?"
him: hm wah?
me: She was feeding the baby crayons.
him; Really? That's kind of funny....
me: stomps out of room

Is there some weird man gene, that allows things like this, along with mess on walls, food being thrown, fingers in sockets, etc, to be ignored?

Tell me, what the stupidest thing your partner has ignored with the kids?

8 comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

which fack thing is happening here? nobody works around as chicken with the witness excluded if they do not have the some idea where head is to the hole in the basket has gone.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger thordora said...

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ok. I'm sure I should understand that bit of verbal spooge

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets seeee... there are so many to choose from :) Letting the kids dig my flowers up while they were "weeding" my flower bed and he just sat in the lawn chair in a daze probably tops the list for now!!

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to break this to ya, but this genetic gap is not specific only to men. Most women date men they know are bad for them, yet they keep doing it. Hey, we all do silly things! :-)

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger thordora said...

yeah, but the "ignoring stupid human tricks with kids" thing seems fairly specific to men somehow...just like how they can sleep through a howling baby...

I will however support the assertion that some women are blithering idiots.

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids colored an entire wall with a gigantic laundry marker. My husband was sitting roughly three feet away, in the bathroom, with the door open and failed to notice. Pictures are here: http://supermom3604.diaryland.com/031005.html

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger thordora said...

Oh. My. Crap.

I'm SO not looking forward to that. Vivian drew in our front room with crayons (not to mention the finger painted fudgesicle montage) but I didn't mind since I have to paint anyway. That's TERRIBLE. And the husbands have NO idea why you're mad at THEM.

They look terribly pleased with themselves.

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha most dads I know when they are left alone with the baby/child for say the morning, manage to leave a shocking amount of dirty dishes around the place, leave a trail of toys everywhere, have the child covered in every food conceivable and just leave a general trail of chaos.

The mums, on the otherhand, generally, play with baby, stick on a load for the washing machine, leave the other wash out to dry, wash, sterlise and prepare bottles, manage a little spot of general tidying, get in some groceries and have lunch all ready, oh and they may have also had a chat with a pal on the phone too.

And all in the same amount of time.

Aren't women great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vivian Dianne Sara
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker