Because I could not stop for death....

I got knocked up instead...

Monday, January 30, 2006

Shopping for Baby

Is it me or is there just WAY too much crap out there for babies? It actually seems more difficult when shopping for other people. I mean, really, what do they NEED?

Close friends of ours recently had twins, Eirik and Callan. 2 little boys. I have girls. Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to shop for boys when you have girls? But at least there were no fiddley little buttons on the back of their polo shirts.

So what is it that you couldn't live without with your babies? For me, it was simple stuff like the imitation boppy I had, or the heating pad for the crib. Any other thoughts, as more people around me are ready for new births?

And send out happy thoughts for the new babies I know, Eirik & Callan, Ayden and Kenneth. And try not to cringe at the weird spellings. And what IS with all the boys?!?!

6 comments:

At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Lord...what could I not live without for the little guy? That changes so frequently around here.
If I had to choose one thing - it would be his exersaucer. I just wish they made them in a bigger size for when he's a toddler too. LOL

 
At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo Ooo Ooo! I could NOT live without my shoppingcart/highchair cover from www.cartalongbaby.com - they are handmade and Michelle (the owner) is awesome!!

I bought two - one for hubby's truck and one for my car, that way we always have one handy no matter which car we take.

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's information overload for any new parent, I can vouch for that.... So much expensive (yet probably unecessary) stuff!

That's why I'm not scared to ask the experienced parents!

 
At 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

crib

smooth blanket (like a quilt) no holes, for sleeping under and for lying on when playing

diapers

stroller that folds back into a bed

swing

feetie pajamas

lavendar baby bath

little chair to sit in while keeping you company around the house

baby gym (an arch they lie under with toys hanging from it to bat at and play with)

diaper bag

car seat

A little bag of books and toys

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that's where all the boys are! I'm in Calgary and 2005 saw a surplus of girls in my circles. I was born in April and the hospital was full of girls. In our church the new baby boom has produced only 1 boy and at least 5 girls. I guess I'll have to head to NB in a few years (quite a few according to my mom) to check them out. Do you want to check out my blog? www.gracienmom.blogspot.com.

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain about boys. I grew up in a house with Mom, Dad and sister, all but one of my 8 cousins were girls. I had two girls. Married my 2nd husband and he has 2 girls and one boy. I am a complete loss at birthdays and Christmas for this poor kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vivian Dianne Sara
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker