Because I could not stop for death....

I got knocked up instead...

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Change please.

Shasta's father is right. Something needs to change.

What we know to a large degree is that sexual offenders do NOT get rehabilitated. They do not get better. Just like I never stop wanting ice cream, despite a diet and lactose intolerance, they CANNOT change the wiring in their brain. I don't think someone wakes up wanting to torture rape and kill kids. Something is wrong with their brains.

Does that mean they should be free to walk the streets, especially after violent sexual assaults against children? NO. I personally am a FIRM believer in chemical castration. We cannot talk these urges from these people, and jail time does not make a crazy person sane. REMOVE the beginning of the urge. Or kill them. We do not know how to fix this, and yet we keep letting these people out into the streets. Think of the times you hear about this. Then think of all the times you don't.

As someone who lived through sexual abuse as a child, I can't handle the thought that someone might also do this to my child, or kill me for my child. A stand needs to be taken. Even when the offenders ask for help, they get nothing.

Why is it our courts are so hot and horny to prosecute Martha Stewart, and yet people like Duncan are let out on bail without a second thought.

I'm so sick of these people breaking lives.....

and everyone in London. You're in my thoughts.

3 comments:

At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUGS>:D<
i agree... a castration is the best and i am sure would be a deterrent enuf...

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, difficult one. See the problem i have is that as a society - both in the US and Uk we seem to be far more interested in stopping the person when they become an abuser, rather than taking the challenge by the horns and addressing this issue in children.

Actually, I dunno... I think what I mean is, habits adopted by adults - such as sexual abuse of women and children doesn't just happen when they turn 18. It's part of who they are as children, and there must be a way this can be identified early, and possibly dealt with then.

Again, don't know what I'm saying really...

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger thordora said...

I just don't know how we'd do that. I was abused, and I don't go out touching kids. I do believe it's a mental illness, just like my ADD, or manic depression. The problem is, we do NOT know how to medicate it or treat it. Until that point, we need to keep this off the streets.

It's a touchy issue. I find our society really focuses on the rights of the accused MORE than the victim, and it isn't cool. But do we kill them? Lock them away? Cut stuff off?

I don't know either. Somedays I think I do, but I don't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vivian Dianne Sara
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker